Friday, October 29, 2010

MisAdventures of Julie


Subject: MisAdventures of Julie

This morning I got up at 8:00, talked to family on the phone for an hour or so, went down for breakfast (today was pancake day), had my usual omelet, watermelon, juice, milk and PANCAKES :)  I took my IPad so I could read my book and containers to fill to take some stuff up for lunch.  Today the had rice noodles with mushrooms and a spicy sauce to put over them.  I also grabbed my usual watermelon, a few mini apples and some sliced cucumbers and green and yellow peppers.  Usually I fill a drink containers with juice but I didn't drink yesterdays.  Why do I tell you this..you might wonder.  I tell you this because it is my routine here in Beijing.  I usually go workout before breakfast but today I had an appointment at the Police station.  I was suppose to have an interview about my residence permit.
My driver picked me up at 12:20 to take me to see the PO PO HAHA...  It took 50 minutes in traffic to get there and the interview consisted of a lady handing them my information, I signed something, they took a picture through the glass window and the lady I met that was taking care of my paperwork said,"that's it, you go now"  I was like "really, that's the important interview?"  Oh well...I had the driver take me to Dragonfly next.  Got a killer massage...seriously it hurt so bad I thought I would die, but I stuck it out.  I have a few bruises!!!!  These people are serious!!!  I had a 2 hour foot and body massage...it cost the equivalent of about $40 American dollars!!!! Crazy right?  I bought a card you put money on and get 30 percent off all services, they gave me a certificate for a free 2 hour massage!!!  I like this place.  This will be my Tuesday afternoon routine.  My friend Sherri, I went on that outing with her last week, she has a lady that comes to her place once a week and gives her a 2 hour all over body massage for $15 American!  I'm working on getting that set up for Thursday afternoons!! :)  What a life....
This morning I laid on the guest bed and talked on the phone to family while they changed my sheets, cleaned my bathrooms, vacuumed, mopped, changed out all the towels, and filled up all the toilet paper holders.  The only thing I can complain about is he switched spots with my shampoo and conditioner when he cleaned my shower.  I seriously washed my hair three times and didn't understand why it wasn't lathering.  I figured it out finally when I put conditioner on my hair and it lathered up!!  haha...just call me Blondie :) Who am I kidding...I'm not complaining...I just switched them back to their rightful spots :)  This major cleaning occurs ever Tuesday and Friday.  The other weekdays they come in and straighten things up, wipe counters and take out trash.  Some afternoons I just wash a glass in the sink to feel useful!!!!! haha

Sent from Julie's IPad

No comments:

Post a Comment