Thursday, February 11, 2010

Home to Idaho

On January 19th, I flew home to Idaho after getting news that my Father was not doing well. On January 26th he passed away at St. Lukes Hospital in Meridian, Idaho. Writing this makes it seem so final..as it is still sinking in. He passed quite peacefully with all his family around him. Even after passing to the next life; he had a good grip on Mom's hand. I know he hated to leave her and us, but he knew it was his time to go. I miss him so much. I'm very grateful I was able to be here. I'm returning to Alaska in 2 days and I hate to leave my Mother alone, eventhough; I know she will be just fine. It was nice getting to see all my brothers and quite a few of their children the weekend of the funeral. Andy was able to get a fancy Dress Uniform in time to be able to wear it at the funeral and present the Flag to his Grandma. Ben was a Pallbearer. Jacque and Tom made it down in time to see Grandpa before he passed..the rest of my family came later for the funeral. It was a very nice funeral service and there were approximately 300 in attendance. I spoke about his life and Scott spoke about memories we had of him. Steve gave the family prayer, Gary gave the closing prayer and Tracy dedicated the grave. We filled up the entire cultural hall for the dinner after. I'm so thankful for the Parma ward, for their kindness and for their friendship. My mother is truely blessed to have these Saints in her life. It makes it a little easier for me to live so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment